Senior Back-End Engineer
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Type: Full Time
Nulab is a team of fun-spirited innovators dedicated to creating software that supports effective communication and collaboration. With headquarters in Fukuoka, Japan and offices spanning Tokyo, Kyoto, New York City, Singapore and Amsterdam, our company is growing quickly. We’re looking for the next Nulaber to join our Cacoo team in the Amsterdam office. This is an on-site position.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer able to contribute to a range of backend components and take ownership of their own work. You will be part of our Cacoo backend team working on the internals of the product. If you are looking to join a small but fast-growing team where you can have a real impact and play a major role, then this might be the job for you.
- Design and develop performant, scalable, reusable and testable code to deliver new features to our users.
- Design and develop new integrations with other products and maintain existing ones.
- Contribute migrating from a monolithic application to a microservices-based architecture.
- Write documentation and technical specs as needed
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering;
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Good understanding of software architecture principles, API and messaging protocols. Experience with GraphQL is a big plus;
- Experience with security and authorization standards (JWT, SAML, Oauth, etc.)
- Experience with relational databases. Postgres is preferred.
- Comfortable using the UNIX command line, including basic networking and web technologies.
- Autonomous and hands-on role to make an impact; join Nulab at an exciting time of growth.
- A fun, collaborative and close-knit team of smart, geeky people.
- Work in Amsterdam’s coolest co-working space, from a canal-view office!
- Flexible work hours;
- Travel allowance for public transportation
Note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are sorry to say that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.