Add multiple members at once with CSV file importing
To use any of Nulab’s collaborative apps (i.e. Backlog, Cacoo, or Typetalk), users need a Nulab Account. Inviting groups of people used to require a lot of time on the part of Administrators. But we’ve made adding batches of users easier with the addition of a CSV file import feature.
How to add members from a CSV file
Note: To use CSV (comma-separated-values) importing, you must sign in as an Administrator, or ask one of your Administrator’s for help.
- From your Nulab Apps homepage, go to the Organizations tab.
- Select your Organization, and download the sample CSV file.
- Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel or your favorite text editor.
- (Required) For each new member you’re adding, fill in their Email Address, Full Name, and Role in the CSV file.
- (Optional) Fill in any of the other columns available to add more info, or leave them blank.
- Tip: To add a user to multiple groups, use semicolons between groups in the Group Names column. Example: “Group Name 1; Group Name 2”.
- Save the CSV file as a CSV file type.
- Select the Bulk members invite option, and upload your file using the form.
To use the CSV import function, ensure your file meets the following guidelines:
- Your file is saved as a CSV file type.
- Your file does not exceed 100 users per CSV file.
- Tip: To add more than 100 users, split your batch into multiple CSV files.
- When uploading non-ASCII or double byte values, your CSV file is saved in UTF-8.
- You assign only the following roles: Admin, Member, or Guest (case insensitive).
If you receive an error when uploading your file, double check the following:
- Ensure all email addresses do not contain common errors such as extra spaces, special characters, or more than one @ symbol.
- Make sure you’re not trying to add a user who has already been registered.
- Make sure you’re not trying to upload more than 100 users at once.
- Make sure all roles you assigned have permission to join the groups they’re also assigned to.