cacoo for online whiteboard
Cacoo has all the functions of a whiteboard and more to help your team brainstorm their best ideas yet.
Work together from anywhere
Work on the same whiteboard at the same time with your team.
Discuss with comments, chat, and video chat.
Collaborate on ideas
Annotate using comments and drawing features or quickly add ideas with sticky notes.
Add images, tables, and dynamic charts to bring your ideas to life.
Track ideas over time
Save versions with version history, so you never lose an iteration.
Organize your whiteboards with ease
Create unlimited shared folders, each with its own members and permissions.
Present your work
Use presentation mode to showcase your whiteboards and get feedback as comments right on each board.
Frequently Asked Questions
Kick your brainstorming session off by using one of Cacoo's pre-built brainstorming templates to create the structure for your discussion. Once your whiteboard has been created, multiple team members can work on it together simultaneously. Everyone can edit the whiteboard together in real time while watching their colleagues' cursors move around the screen.
Team members can exchange messages using comments, sticky notes, or the built-in chat feature and can even initiate a team video call directly from their Cacoo diagram. With a simple drag-and-drop interface and an intuitive user experience, Cacoo makes it easy for everyone to contribute to the brainstorming process – even if they have no design background!
It's the perfect solution for online whiteboarding. Whether your team works best asynchronously or in real-time, you'll find Cacoo well-suited to a wide variety of brainstorming and mind-mapping projects.
Several team members can work together in unison on your web whiteboard. Everyone can edit your diagram, and users can watch each other's cursors, exchange messages in a dedicated whiteboard chat thread, and even hop on a video call for instantaneous communication.
These real-time collaboration tools are what make Cacoo so popular among remote and hybrid teams. In effect, Cacoo is a dedicated digital meeting room and whiteboard that gives teams all the tools they need to solve their most challenging problems.
- Brainstorming templates: Users can select from dozens of pre-built templates that cover all kinds of use cases, from diagramming system architecture to creating mind maps for design and development projects.
- Comments and sticky notes: Team members can attach comments to specific elements of a whiteboard and tag teammates for review or use a sticky note to leave feedback or additional context on the part of the whiteboard diagram.
- Live chat: Every Cacoo whiteboard has a dedicated chat thread that serves as a conversation hub for the ideas discussed in the brainstorming session.
- Video calling: Teams can initiate a video call without leaving the Cacoo app. That makes it easier for teams to communicate and exchange feedback on their ideas.
- Customization tools: Users can import assets from outside Cacoo to add rich context to their brainstorming diagrams and whiteboards. With Cacoo's shape library and intuitive drag-and-drop interface, it's easy for teams to add new elements to their whiteboard that build on others' ideas.
- Sharing tools: Cacoo whiteboards are made to be shared via integrations with other apps, hyperlinks, offline downloads, or even printouts.
Teams can use Cacoo in the project planning phase, brainstorming new ideas and creating mind maps, wireframes, and project timelines. Once it's time for design and development work to start, teams can switch to Backlog to manage their tasks, deliverables, and deadlines.
By integrating Cacoo with Backlog, teams can insert a preview of their Cacoo diagrams in Backlog issues and wikis. These previews update as diagrams are edited, providing project teams with easy access to the latest version of their team's online whiteboard diagrams.
Cacoo provides users with a drag-and-drop interface that's easy to use. You can edit the characteristics of any whiteboard element by clicking on it and choosing what you'd like to change: the color, the font, the thickness of a line, and so on. Multiple items can be grouped, streamlining the process of customizing your web whiteboard environment.
Beyond this, users can also import custom assets into Cacoo that add a layer of detail to their web whiteboard environment. Users can import images like their logo from their device or various cloud storage platforms, including Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and more. It's also possible to import custom elements from external design platforms such as Adobe Creative Cloud and Visio.
If you'd like to streamline the process in the future, you can save your web whiteboard environments as a new template that can be shared with your team, ensuring everyone has a consistent starting point for their next whiteboard project.
Cacoo provides users with a Once this framework has been established, teams can use Cacoo's online whiteboard tool to collaborate in real time. Each team member can add their own ideas to the whiteboard, and their colleagues can provide feedback or make edits. Adding comments and sticky notes to specific brainstorming items helps call attention to your team's most important ideas. interface that's easy to use. You can edit the characteristics of any whiteboard element by clicking on it and choosing what you'd like to change: the color, the font, the thickness of a line, and so on. Multiple items can be grouped, streamlining the process of customizing your web whiteboard environment.
Your team's ideas will likely evolve over time, and as they do, you'll want to update your Cacoo whiteboard to keep an up-to-date record of your latest thoughts. Using Cacoo's revision history tool enables teams to understand how their whiteboard has changed over time and revert to previous versions.
Teams can even create multiple versions of the same whiteboard as their brainstorm evolves. You might start with a mind map and then later formalize this into a project timeline or begin with a customer journey map that you eventually turn into a wireframe. You can rely on Cacoo to track and organize your team's ideas along the way.
- Hyperlinks: Share the output of your brainstorming session by creating a custom link for your Cacoo online whiteboard. You can specify whether this should be a public or private link and share it with anyone – even if they don't have a Cacoo account.
- Embed: Add your Cacoo diagram to various web properties, from project wikis to company intranet pages. It'll update in real-time wherever it's displayed as you and your team continue to make changes.
- Download: Download an offline version of your Cacoo brainstorm in your preferred format. Choose from PDF, PNG, PPT, and more.
- Print: Create a physical record of your brainstorming session by printing out your brainstorming session directly from Cacoo.
- Present: Share a recap of your brainstorming session with other stakeholders by entering presentation mode on your Cacoo online whiteboard.
For those looking for an additional layer of protection, Nulab Pass is the perfect solution. It's our enterprise-grade security solution, and it's designed to keep your Cacoo and Backlog accounts completely secure. With additional security features, including user provisioning, audit logs, and SSO sign-on (SAML), it's an excellent match for organizations looking for that extra peace of mind that heightened security measures bring.
We do not currently offer iOS or Android apps for Cacoo.
On independent review sites, Cacoo users are full of praise for the product. On Capterra, Cacoo receives just shy of a 5.0-star rating, comfortably above or among the category leaders.
To learn how companies use Cacoo as an online whiteboarding tool and gain inspiration for your plans, we recommend checking out our Customer Stories. Here, you'll learn how top companies from around the world are using Cacoo's online whiteboard platform to go from idea to innovation more effectively than ever.
And, of course, we always encourage people to try Cacoo for themselves before deciding if it's a match for their team. It's one of the reasons we provide a free plan that comes with many of our users' favorite features. Sign up for free today and try it out for yourself – we bet you won't regret it!
Nulab is there for every stage of your workflow
4 MILLION PEOPLE USE NULAB PRODUCTS WORLDWIDE TO BRING THEIR IDEAS TO LIFE
“This tool combines together the best features of all other tools while still being neat and straightforward.”
“I've used Cacoo for years and I love its simplicity and diversity. I can always find a chart or a diagram to help me solve problems we faced. Thank you Cacoo!”
Sign up for a free
Plan work, track progress, and release code right in Backlog.