Nulab Inc. (“Nulab”, “we”, “us” or “our”) develops and sells computer systems. In providing our services, and considering the importance of personal information, we have established a personal information protection policy to protect the individual’s rights and interests, and all board members and employees shall carry out this policy in good faith.
“Personal information” as used in this policy shall mean any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to you.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the “GDPR”) Nulab is the controller of personal information and responsible for our services and websites, including https://nulab.com, https://backlog.com, https://cacoo.com, https://www.typetalk.com (the “Site”).
* “Controller” of personal information is defined as “person … which … determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data” under Article 4(7) of the GDPR.
Our Personal Information Protection Policy
- We will acquire, use and provide appropriate personal information, giving consideration to the business content and scale.
- We will specify the purpose for which personal information will be used and take appropriate measures to ensure the use of personal information does not deviate from that purpose.
- We will comply with laws regarding the protection of personal information, guidelines set by the government and other related regulations.
- We will take security control measures to prevent a leak, loss, or deletion of or damage to personal information. Furthermore, we will put in place appropriate measures to handle personal information incidents, and measures to prevent the damage from spreading.
- We will promptly respond to requests for the disclosure of, inquiries about and complaints regarding personal information, by establishing an enquiry desk.
- We will review the security control measures in a timely manner and appropriately improve them.
Personal Information We Collect
We use different methods to collect personal information from and about you including through:
- Personal information you give us. You may give us your personal information including your name and contact details, by filling in forms or by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes, without limitation personal information you provide in the following instances;
- when you ask us about our services, register for use, or download materials about our services;
- when you subscribe to our publications or newsletters;
- when you request marketing e-mails to be sent to you;
- when you send us feedback;
- when you answer a questionnaire for the purpose of statistical surveys and enter sweepstakes;
- when you apply for events, seminars, business negotiations, etc. (offline or online, hereinafter collectively referred to as “Events”) conducted by Nulab, or when you answer a questionnaire during Events; and
- when you provide customer information at the request of Nulab in the case of using the Nulab API.
- Personal information we collect. As you interact with our Site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- information about your device and the use of a browser (including usage status, frequency of use, and length of your visit);
- the date you accessed our Site;
- the website you visited before visiting our Site;
- technical information about your browser, OS type and language, IP address, and the domain name; and
- if you access our Site from a mobile application, your mobile carrier, device identifier, type of device, performance information, app store when downloading the application, customer behavior, frequency of use, usage status when using the application (including the number of times you used the application).
We collect this personal information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. The content collected and recorded on access logs is used as server operation information to assist in improving our Site and services, and also to provide you, depending on your usage status, with information useful to use our services or promotional information via e-mail or by other means.
The content recorded on access logs is not used in conjunction with other personal information when used as server operation information, but will be used in conjunction with your user information and e-mail address where information is to be provided to you via e-mail or by other means.
Like many websites, we use a tool called ‘Cookies’ to make our Site more convenient for our customers.
Cookies are files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you browse our Site.
- When you use the service, you do not have to enter a password every time.
- Cookies are used to analyze our customers’ activities in our services (we may use the results of our analysis to make you offers or for promotions).
Our Purposes For Processing Personal Information
We will process your personal information for the following purposes:
- To confirm your identity;
- To confirm your eligibility to use Nulab services (including, but not limited to requirements that you be over 18 years old and not be Anti-Social Force(s));
- To respond to your questions and provide related customer services;
- To prevent fraud or other financial crime;
- To monitor and protect the security of our information, systems and network;
- To conduct research and product development and enhancement;
- To inform you of changes made to our Site and other services;
- To conduct marketing activities;
- To effectively present content from our Site;
- To provide content matching with your interests;
- To enable you to search for information on our Site;
- To assess your needs and interests in order to better tailor offers and advertising;
- To improve the convenience of our Site;
- To provide questionnaires for the purpose of statistical surveys and to offer sweepstakes (the answers to questionnaires may be made public in the form of statistical information that does not allow a specific individual to be identified); and
- To confirm your eligibility to use NuSpace.
We may send out emails to you for the purpose of providing our services, contents or functions, researching, providing news, promotions, and announcing events. Our customers may opt-out of receiving these emails. We may use a third-party provided service to send out emails or to communicate smoothly with our customers. We may share information, such as your email address, with the third-party service provider only to the extent necessary for this purpose.
Sharing Personal Information
We will protect your personal information as being strictly confidential. We may share your personal information with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in this policy:
- A member of our group;
- Our professional advisors such as auditing firms, accountants and lawyers, etc.;
- Companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing; and
- Companies that succeed to our business or assets due to an organizational restructuring or a business transfer or the like.
We may also disclose your personal information to the extent required by law when it is necessary to disclose your personal information as required by law such as to protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate crimes, or respond to a request by the government or any other third party. Furthermore, we will notify you of any provision of your personal information to respond to a request by the government or a third party unless notification is prohibited by the applicable law.
We require all third parties to process personal information in a secure manner in accordance with the law. Furthermore, we require third-parties outsourced to process personal information to process your personal information only for the purposes of outsourcing and in accordance with our instructions.
Where the GDPR applies to the processing of your personal information and your personal information is shared with a third party located in a country that has not received an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we will take appropriate security measures, such as the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses. You can confirm the details of the security measures (including a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses) by contacting using the Contact Us page on our Site.
Retention Period of Personal Information
We will store your personal information, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information is processed. Furthermore, we will store your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our rights, or if it is technically difficult to remove it immediately.
Security Control Measures
We will take security control measures to prevent a leak, loss, or deletion of or damage to personal information. Furthermore, we will put in place appropriate measures to handle personal information incidents, and measures to prevent the damage from spreading. The security control measures we will take include executing appropriate agreements with outsourced parties or employees and supervising them. Where we process personal information overseas, we will learn about the systems of that foreign country that protect personal information and take appropriate security control measures. We will review the security control measures in a timely manner and appropriately improve them.
Our Site uses ‘SSL/TLS’ to protect personal information. By using a browser that supports security functions, when you access our Site and enter personal information including your name and e-mail address, and this personal information is transmitted to our server, SSL/TLS will enable the personal information to be automatically encrypted. Therefore, if the personal information you transmitted is intercepted by a third party, there is no need to worry about the content being stolen.
If you use a browser that does not support SSL, you may not be able to access our Site or load information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Where the GDPR is to apply to the processing of your personal information, we process personal information about you only where we have the following legal basis for doing so:
- Agreement: where we need to process your personal information to perform an agreement we executed with you.
- Legal obligation: where we need to process your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
- Legitimate interest: where we need to process your personal information for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, and they are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights.
- Consent: where you give us consent to process personal information. You may withdraw your consent at any time, but withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal information based on the consent you gave before your withdrawal.
If you have any questions regarding the details of the legitimate interests, please contact us using the Contact Us page on our Site.
You have multiple legal rights in relation to your personal information we hold about you. These rights may change according to data protection laws and regulations applied in relation to your location and the relationship between you and Nulab, but typically include the following.
- Right of access to personal information. You may have the right to request access to related information, including personal information we hold about you, the purposes for processing the personal information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared, the period for which the personal information will be stored (if impossible, the basis used to determine that period), the right to object to competent authorities, the source of the personal information, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Right to correct personal information. You may have the right to request that Nulab correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you.
- Right to erase personal information. You may have the right to request that Nulab erase personal information about you under certain circumstances, including the following circumstances.
- If it is no longer necessary for Nulab to store your personal information, in light of the purpose for collecting the personal information.
- If Nulab may process personal information only on the basis of your consent, and you withdraw your consent.
- If you object to Nulab’s processing of personal information on the grounds of legitimate interests, and those legitimate interests do not override your interests, rights and freedom.
- Right to request that the processing of personal information be restricted. You may have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances, including the following circumstances.
- If you object to the accuracy of your personal information yourself (limited to the period necessary for Nulab to confirm the accuracy of personal information).
- If it is no longer necessary for Nulab to process personal information for purposes other than filing for or exercising legal claims, or to defend the same.
- If you object to Nulab’s processing of personal information on the grounds of legitimate interests (limited to the period necessary to determine whether the legitimate interest overrides your interests, rights and freedom.).
- Right to object. You may have the right to object to Nulab regarding the processing of your personal information.
- Right of data portability. If Nulab processes personal information provided by you on the legal basis of consent or an agreement, you may have the right to request that you receive personal information in structured and generally used, and machine-readable form, or that the personal information be transferred directly to a third party to the extent this is technically feasible for Nulab.
Where you believe that we have not complied with our obligations under this policy or the GDPR, you have the right to make a complaint to the relevant data protection authorities.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us using the Contact Us page on our Site.
Changes To This Policy
We may update this policy. In case of material updates, we will notify you on our Site in advance. Please periodically confirm this policy to obtain the latest information about our processing of personal information.