This is an old version.
To see the current version of our terms, please go to up-to-date version.
Nulab Terms of Service (Version 1)
THIS IS NOT THE LATEST VERSION. CURRENT VERSION
This is not the latest version. (Current version)
Article 1 (Limitations)
- These terms of service (‘Service Terms’) specify the terms of all services (‘Service’) provided by Nulab, Inc. (‘Nulab’). The users ( ‘User’) of the Service may use the Service by the Service Terms.
- In addition to the Service Terms, please note that additional regulations (including, but not limited to, helps and notes) set out in the Service shall constitute part of the Service Terms.
Article 2 (Account and password)
- A single account (‘Account’) will be designated to each User.
- The onus is on the User to maintain the safety of the password for the Account.
- Please use an alphanumeric combination for the password that would be difficult to guess by a third party.
- Transfer or loan of the Account to a third party is prohibited.
- In case where the Account being used inappropriately as a result of acts of the User, Nulab will neither be responsible for such use nor be liable for damages for any loss or damage inflicted by such use.
Article 3 (Prohibited Use)
- Any one of the following usages or conducts is prohibited when using the Service. Where a prohibited usage or conduct is found, subsequent suspension from using the Service at all or deregistration of the User may be resulted.
- Giving false information for the User registration
- Breach of the Service Terms by the User
- Lapse of a certain period of time after User registration without use of the Service
- Unusual access outside the extent of normal usage of a Web browser
- Laying a burden on the system by demanding substantial load of requests to this site
- Unauthorized use of other User’s account or password.
- An act equivalent to unauthorized access or cracking.
- Illegal acts
- An act involving a crime
- An infringing act of intellectual property rights such as copyright and patent
- Acts disturbing public order and morals
- Acts regarded as socially inappropriate behaviors.
- Any other acts decided by Nulab as inappropriate
Article 4 (Information Security)
Nulab pays the utmost attention to the security of information registered with the Service.
Article 5 (User Responsibility)
- The User shall be solely responsible to resolve problems that may arise among the User or between the User and a third party on the Service at the User’s own expense. Nulab does not bear any responsibility at all for them.
- For problems on or in relation to the information registered and disclosed by the User on the Service, the User shall be solely responsible. Nulab does not bear any responsibility at all for them.
Article 6 (Service Content)
- There are free and paid versions of the Service.
- Free version is provided free of charge.
- Service can be upgraded from the free version to the paid version upon the User’s request.
Article 7 (Usage Charge)
- Nulab sets the usage charge, which is on the pricing table on the other page.
- Nulab calculates the usage charge and sends invoice to the User.
- The User agrees that Nulab may, in its sole discretion, change the usage charge. The new charge will be applied when the User renew the contract.
- We will notify the Users immediately when the usage charge will be changed.
- All charges paid by the User in relation to the Service are nonrefundable under any circumstances.
Article 8 (Payment)
- Nulab notifies the deadline of payment and payment method on the Plans & Pricing page or other pages on the web, or via email.
- The User shall bear the fees including transfer fees which are paid to financial institutions.
- The User shall be responsible to report to Nulab immediately when there are any inadequacies in the payment method, no matter the payment method, through the inquiry form provided on Nulab website.
- In case the User shall be responsible for the inadequacy, such as when the User sends the usage charge in the other payment method and Nulab cannot receive the payment, Nulab shall not bear any responsibility for the damage caused on the User and/or the third party.
Article 9 (Disclaimer etc.)
- Nulab shall not bear any responsibility for, the defect or interruption of the Service, omission and/or modification of the data, termination of the service, and further damages to the User and/or the third party while providing the Service except for willful misconduct.
- Nulab shall not be responsible to monitor this service. Nulab shall not bear any responsibility for the damage to the User and/or the third party.
- The User’s information may be released or removed when the User commit a prohibited act. The User cannot lodge an objection against our action.
- Regardless the cause, the maximum amount of compensation for the damage from Nulab to the User shall not exceed the total amount of the charge the User paid for one year from the last day of the previous month the damage occurred.
Article 10 (Modification etc. of Service Content)
- Nulab may modify or delete (“Modification”) the content of the Service at its convenience.
- Nulab may discontinue the Service at its convenience. Where discontinuation of the Service is attempted, a 30 day prior notice will be given on this site.
Article 11 (Amendment etc. of the Service Terms)
- Nulab may amend the Service Terms without a prior notice. Amendment of the Service Terms will not be notified to each individual User and the User is advised to read the latest Service Terms on this site upon using this site.
- Amended Service Terms shall become effective as at the time when they are placed on this site.
Article 12 (Governing Law)
The Service Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
Article 13 (Court of Jurisdiction)
The Fukuoka District Court shall be the exclusive and agreed jurisdictional court for any and all disputes on or arising from the Service Terms.
Article 14 (Governing Language)
The Service Terms are prepared in both Japanese language and English language. In case where a discrepancy between the Japanese version and the English version is found, the Japanese version shall prevail over the English version.
Article 15 (Supplementary Provision)
As at January 1st 2014, the Service Terms are set out and become effective.