- Meeting & Brainstorming
- Blank Fishbone Diagram Template
Blank Fishbone Diagram Template
Uses of Blank Fishbone Diagram Templates
A fishbone diagram is a visual way to look at and identify cause and effect. It has multiple uses inside companies, including:
- Identifying problems and dependencies in a process
- Analyzing risk and brainstorming solutions
- Communicating the pros/cons of specific process flows to stakeholders
- Experimenting with causality relationships that can be validated through research
How to create your own Blank Fishbone Diagram
Agree on the problem/effect, and write it at the head/mouth of the fish.
Define the major categories of causes, which branch off the fish spine.
Brainstorm as many causes for the problem as possible. The main question to ask is, “Why does this happen?”
List each cause under its respective category. The same cause may fit under more than one category.
Continue to ask “Why?” and generate deeper levels of causes. This will help you organize the information and further identify root causes to address.