Having a structured code review process using pull requests leads to higher-quality source code and provides greater context for future discussions.
Here is a simple development workflow with pull requests your team can follow:
- [Developer] Clone or pull the source of the work target.
- [Developer] Create a branch for the work.
- [Developer] Perform development work such as adding and modifying functions.
- [Developer] Push the completed task.
- [Developer] Create a pull request, specifying which branch merges into which branch.
- [Reviewer] Check the changes from the notified pull request and review.
- [Reviewer] Judge the work and send feedback to the developer, if necessary.
- [Reviewer] Merge if there are no problems during the review.
- [Reviewer] Close if the pull request becomes unnecessary due to the review.
Repeat steps 3 through 7 as often as needed to improve the quality of the source code.