- Release notes
- Release notes for January 2023
We’re kicking off the new year with lots of updates, so let’s dive in.
Our first update of 2023 includes a new desktop version, added security around attachments, and lots of improvements including better cache control and more options for notifications.
- Desktop release: Typetalk desktop version 7.1.0 is now available.
- More security around attachments: Admins can decide whether or not members can attach files to their messages.
- Easier-to-read names: Long names are truncated with ellipses in the global navigation.
- Disabled account profile image: Disabled Nulab Accounts now display a default image.
- Faster message loading: Messages now display without delay when you open Typetalk.
- Updated tooltip text and placement: The role tooltip in the profile settings was moved and rewritten to improve user understanding.
- Better cache control: API responses are no longer stored, helping protect personal information.
- App version support: The iOS app now supports iOS 14.
- More security: Protocols passed to the openExternal function are now limited in the desktop app.
- Electron version upgrade: We’re now using an upgraded version of the Electron engine in the desktop application.
- Custom notifications: Choose your alert sound for iOS push notifications.
- Email notifications setting: Users can now select “Send me an email every time I’m mentioned” in the notification settings.
- The line separating the “Remove from topic group” action in the menu didn’t show.
- The text entry space didn’t clear after replying to posts.
The year has gotten off to a great start, and we’re excited about what the rest of 2023 brings. Check back with us next month for more updates.