- Release notes
- Release notes for March 2023
We may have taken a short break in February, but we’ve been busy working behind the scenes and are back with a big update this month.
Better manage tags on mobile, change the order of your attachments, preview a PDF before downloading, and so much more.
- Tags on mobile: Remove messages from a tag and delete tags on the iOS mobile app.
- Shorter display links: Messages with long links are easier to read with short display links.
- Profile popups: See a member’s profile info when you click on their name in the topic member list.
- Organize your attachments: Change the order that attachments appear in new messages.
- Member role details: See role information on your “Account” page instead of under “Profile and Permissions.”
- Login error message: We simplified the error message users see after returning to an expired login session.
- PDF previews: Preview a PDF before downloading it.
- Clearer topic member search: We improved the design and language of the member search function.
- Easier support access: Access our getting started guide from the topic panel within your first 10 days on Typetalk and later under the help icon in the global navigation.
- Language alignment: The language used for removing messages from tags is now the same in the user interface and API documentation.
- Easier downloads: You can now download Typetalk under the help icon in the global navigation.
- Better DM filter: When searching for a DM by user, the filter remains even after you select a conversation.
- Organization icons: Organization icons in the global navigation have an updated look.
- Never miss a mention: Mentions are now ordered by the time you were mentioned instead of the time they were posted.
- Better API response: We changed the response of the integration API (canAddIntegration) so it’s no longer null.
- Clearer search: We added text so it’s clear when your message search has no results.
- User status: We removed the word break from user status text so a single word is no longer split between two lines.
- The tooltip for “Recently joined” topics was getting in the way of users clicking another topic in the group and closing the group unintentionally.
- Backlog links starting the line following (>) were included in the quote.
- Tapping the Enter key was posting Backlog tasks for Japanese users.
- The + wasn’t appearing in titles when posted using Backlog’s add task feature.
- Message searches containing \” produced an error.
- The “Send DM” button wasn’t working when selecting a member from the topic member list.
- The size of the “Search by user” text fields were different between the DM and notifications tabs.
- The border of the like button was turning gray after being selected.
- Autopaging and scrolling weren’t working for users with large screens.
- The organization name in the global navigation and mentions and likes weren’t updating after clicking on a post link to another organization.
- Pinned topics were returning to the wrong topic group when unpinned.
- A line was appearing to the right of the sidebar for Safari users.
- Searching messages in a date range was causing the search bar to wrap on narrow screens.
- Users got a reloading error when changing the theme color setting.
- Direct messages were showing as read after being posted.
- The ‘next’ arrow was disappearing when previewing multiple images.
- User status was disappearing in DMs when the page was refreshed.
- Onboarding on Firefox had a broken corner and highlight.
- App badges, or icons, were displaying unread notifications even when notifications were disabled with DND settings or via user status.
- Posts were remaining even after deactivating an account and displaying an error.
- The log in button wasn’t displaying for logged out users embedding Typetalk into Backlog.
We accomplished a lot these last months, and we’re not slowing down. Check back next month for another update.
Want to report a bug or suggest a feature? Get in touch. Enjoying the app? Leave us a review.