- Planning & Management
- SMART Goals Template
SMART Goals Template
Uses of SMART Goals Templates
Setting goals the SMART way ensures you go into the process with clarity, purpose, and a set timeline. You can use this template to work on personal, professional, or workplace goals individually or in a group.
SMART stands for:
- Specific: Your goal should be as specific as possible. Instead of saying “get more followers,” try something concrete like “get 500 new followers by June 2023.”
- Measurable: How will you measure or know when or if you’ve accomplished this goal?
- Achievable: What actions can you take to help reach this goal?
- Relevant: Why are you setting this goal?
- Time-bound: What’s the timeline/deadline for reaching this goal?
How to create your SMART Goals Template
Open the SMART goals template in Cacoo.
Determine the scope of your goals. Are they personal, project-based, company-wide?
Make your way through the columns one by one by adding sticky notes. If you’re working in a group, set a timer for each column so everyone has enough time to add their notes. Then, talk through everyone’s notes before moving to the next column.
Once you’ve completed the template and prioritized the goals you’ll work on, plan how you'll achieve them by assigning responsibilities and setting timelines.